Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Wreath

I found this wreath tutorial on a blog a while back and decided that i would try to make one for our front door for this years Christmas.

I started this project a couple of weeks ago when i wrapped the polystyrene wreath with red wool (both purchased from Lincraft). Then i left it for a while as we just got really busy and there where other things to do (and i hadn't brought any felt yet for the next part!).

I came back to it this past weekend and finished it off.

I brought the felt on Friday, then on Sunday after swimming I sat down while doing the weekly TV shows catch up and finished it off.

I chose to use white & green felt. I cut the felt into strips then lay them out (with the biggest placed on the bottom - and as you can see, i cant cut neatly). I then did a running stitch through them, and bunched up the felt as i went (i used a 'super strong' thread, that i doubled over so it was super super strong). As you can see, i didn't make it neat, which was fine because once its scrunched up, you cant really tell how neat or messy it is. Thank god!



Once i had done the stitching and scrunching, i tied it all off, chose a position on the wreath where i wanted to stick it on, then whet crazy with the glue! i used PVA as that's all i had on hand, but a hot glue gun might work a bit better and easier (as the PVA gets a little runny).


Ta Da!





No comments:

Post a Comment